Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I sign up to start using your services? Signing up is simple, and starts with you creating your Brooklyn Cattitude & Street Strutters account using our intuitive online system. You can read all about the four easy steps to becoming one of our clients on our How it Works page.
- Why should I choose you? We're proud to be a 'one stop shop' team of pet care professionals, providing high quality, specialist pet care to the Brooklyn and Manhattan areas. Whatever service you need from us, from cat sitting to dog walking, you and your pet will get a care plan that's personalized to you. Our pet care specialists are not only passionate animal lovers and fur parents, most have professional experience working at shelters and animal hospitals.
My pet is nervous around people, can I still use your services? Of course, all of our pet care specialists have a deep understanding of all different pet personalities so shy and nervous pets are in the safest (and kindest) hands. In fact, in certain locations we even offer a special 'in and out' service for pets that hide or are fearful of strangers.
- I have more than one fur kid, can I still use your services? Definitely! Whether it's cat sitting or dog walking, we can accommodate multi-pet households with no problem at all. Our rates include special per extra pet, and if you can't see the number of pets that matches your home on our services page, we'll be happy to discuss exactly what you need.
- Are you available to stay overnight with my pet(s)? Yes – we understand that some clients much prefer their pets not be alone which is why we offer overnight stays for the extra companionship for their pets and security for their home – and of course, more cuddle time and play time for kitty!
- Will I get to meet the member of your team who will be looking after my pet(s) beforehand? During your Meet & Greet you'll have the chance to get to know one of our dedicated team, and we always try to assign the same sitter to your fur family. However, as that's not always possible, we offer our assurance that each and every member of our team is thoroughly vetted and background checked, and we are happy to provide references upon request. Join our community, book your Meet & Greet today!
- What if there's a problem while you're sitting or walking my pet(s)? As every one of our pet care professionals is experienced in understanding the animal health and behavior (many are fully qualified vet techs), they'll see straight away if your pet requires veterinary care. As part of our service we take your own vet's details, and if they're not available we will take your pet to the Veterinary and Emergency Referral Group (VERG) in Brooklyn and Animal Medical Center in Manhattan.
- What will my pets get during each visit? All visits include, as standard, providing fresh food and water, cleaning bowls, removing waste and tidying up litterbox area, recycling cans and plastic, bringing in mail and newspapers, turning lights on/off depending on requirements, and, of course, cuddling and playing with your fur kids. You can book longer visits for more play and cuddle time, and if your cat has special needs, we're able to give medication (both oral and topical), insulin, and/or subcutaneous fluids as needed.
- What will my dogs get during each walk? Each private walk ensures your dog receives all the attention he or she deserves, and includes removing waste, refreshing water, and providing treats (only treats pre-approved by you, of course!).